OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), Vienna
Job Title: Archiving Assistant
Department/Unit: Administration and Personnel Department
Under the supervision of the Director, Administration and Personnel Department, the incumbent acquires, manages and maintains documents and other materials which include: reports, project files, plans, photographs, films and computer-generated records that have historical importance for OFID.
- Evaluates records / documents for preservation and retention; arranges the acquisition and retrieval of records;
- Liaises with the staff members responsible for archiving of documents from different departments/units within OFID;
- Facilitates the implementation of OFID’s Document Retention Policy, including but not limited to archival research, retention and destruction of records, maintaining catalogue collections system and management of information and records.
- Identifies ways of protecting and preserving collections, as well as ensuring that the physical archive is correctly managed;
- Makes information accessible to eligible staff members and other users, advises them on how best to access, use and interpret archives, and possibly through internal training courses;
- Manages the changeover from paper to electronic management system;
- Facilitates remote access by maintaining user-friendly, computer-aided search systems;
- Ensures that legislative and compliance requirements are fully met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, Archival Science or other science studies related to Records Management
- Minimum of 4 years relevant professional experience.
Skills and Competences
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Archiving Management, including policies and procedures for archival research, and for the retention or destruction of records, including catalogue collections system and management of information;
- Ability to ensure the use of accurate procedures and act in a consistent manner;
- Computer literacy (i.e. Microsoft Office and more specifically on Excel), knowledge of Open-Text Archiving software packages will be an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment.
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English and German languages.
- Knowledge of Arabic, French, or Spanish will be an advantage.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle multiple priority tasks.