Records Management Coordination Assistant, G-6. IAEA, Vienna.
Open until 12 November 2016
Records Management Coordination Assistant (G6) – (2016/0629 (001384))
Organization : MTGS-Records Unit
Primary Location : Austria-Vienna-Vienna-IAEA Headquarters
Job Posting : 2016-10-13, 9:18:06 AM
Closing Date : 2016-11-12, 11:59:00 PM
Duration in Months: 36
Contract Type: Fixed Term – Regular
Type and Duration of Appointment
Fixed term, 3 years (subject to a probationary period of 1 year)
The Department of Management (MT) provides a ‘platform of services’ that serves as a foundation for the successful delivery of the IAEA’s scientific and technical programmes. Its mission statement is as follows: “MT is a partner and a business enabler that champions change and efficiency, leveraging a common purpose”. Thus, among other support activities, it assists a scientific manager in recruiting the right expert, helps a technical officer coordinate the purchase of radiation equipment and ensures that all Board documents are translated and distributed on a timely basis to Member States.
The Division of General Services provides service functions throughout the IAEA such as travel and transport support, facilities management, archives and records management, and management of the VIC Commissary. It has five sections.
The Archives and Records Management Section establishes a framework for the creation and management of authentic, reliable and usable records, capable of supporting IAEA business functions and activities for as long as they are required. The Section is divided into three Units: Mail, Records and the Archives Unit.
Under the supervision of the Unit Head, the Records Management Coordination Assistant monitors the implementation of the work plan and related projects, provides reports, ensures the maintenance of information systems with recordkeeping functionalities at IAEA, provides related training and consultations to IAEA staff and coordinates the record transfers from all units to Records Center.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- In close cooperation with the Unit Head responsible for monitoring the implementation of the work plan and other projects of the Unit such as maintaining and updating the work plan, adjusting priorities, collecting statistics, and proposing SOWs and specifications following established standards.
- In close cooperation with the Unit Head implement the Agency`s records keeping policies, procedures and guidelines, oversee activities with special focus on the maintenance of Records Retention Schedules and File Plans.
- Coordinate records surveys and audits according to establish standards. Ensure dissemination of information regarding established or newly established Records Management policies and procedures, provide user training throughout the Agency. Collect statistics on offered services on regular basis.
- Serve as contact point for ARMS and coordinate electronic records management projects related to recordkeeping solutions, such as Livelink Opentext or MS Sharepoint development, integration, or upgrade. Within established standards and procedures be responsible for the maintenance of electronic recordkeeping systems ensuring compliance and following international professional standards such as ISO.
- Provides advisory services such as one-to-one consultations to IAEA staff on information governance, information security, contingency planning, vital records programme.
- Process active and semi-active records according to ARMS standards and create/maintain inventories, finding aids, storage control databases and reference requests databases for ARMS purposes in context of the information life-cycle concept.
Competencies and Expertise
- Planning and Organizing Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team or Section’s priorities. Takes into account potential changes and proposes contingency plans.
- Communication Communicates orally and in writing in a clear, concise and impartial manner. Takes time to listen to and understand the perspectives of others and proposes solutions.
- Achieving Results Takes initiative in defining realistic outputs and clarifying roles, responsibilities and expected results in the context of the Department/Division’s programme. Evaluates his/her results realistically, drawing conclusions from lessons learned.
- Teamwork Actively contributes to achieving team results. Supports team decisions.
- Commitment to continuous process improvement Plans and executes activities in the context of quality and risk management and identifies opportunities for process, system and structural improvement, as well as improving current practices. Analyses processes and procedures, and proposes improvements.
- Judgement/decision making Consults with supervisor/manager and takes decisions in full compliance with the Agency’s regulations and rules. Makes decisions reflecting best practice and professional theories and standards.
- Knowledge sharing and learning Actively seeks learning opportunities and actively shares knowledge and information with others; shares specialized knowledge, skills and learning from experience across different situations and contexts effectively.
- Administrative Support Administrative Support|Data Management Ability to work very accurately and to pay attention to details.
- Administrative Support Administrative Support|Discretion and Respect for Confidentiality Ability to respect confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Administrative Support Administrative Support|MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), which is the IAEA standard.
- Administrative Support Administrative Support|Guidance and Training Experience with delivering traings.
- Administrative Support Administrative Support|Records and Documents Administration Knowledge of the Agency’s Administrative Manual and Record Keeping Policy.
- General Services General Services|Data and Information Analysis and Reporting Knowledge of the Agency’s Information Security Policy and Procedures and the Safeguards Manual.
Qualifications, Experience and Language skills
- Completed secondary education.
- Specialised training in records and information management highly desirable.
- A minimum of six years of work experience, three years of which in records management.
- Demonstrated experience with Electronic Document and Records Management Software (Livelink Open Text, MS Sharepoint) will be considered an asset.
- Experience in an international organization preferred.
- Good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of another official IAEA language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) an asset.
- English language test (level 2) and typing test (level 2) to IAEA standard.
The IAEA offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting at EUR 50052 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), 6 weeks‘ annual vacation, pension plan and health insurance
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory medical report. Recruitment will be on a LOCAL BASIS only. Outside applicants are required to supply to the IAEA or to authorize it to seek all information relevant to their suitability for employment by the IAEA. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
Applicants should be aware that IAEA staff members are international civil servants and may not accept instructions from any other authority. The IAEA is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. As part of the United Nations common system, the IAEA subscribes to the following core ethical standards (or values): Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for diversity. Staff members may be assigned to any location. The IAEA retains the discretion not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade or with a different contract type, or to make an appointment with a modified job description or for shorter duration than indicated above.