Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary
TBA21 is evolving internationally. We are currently looking for an Archivist to join the Collection Team to manage an extensive Photo & Video Archive. We are currently in the process of improving this digital collection to the best standards, and as Photo and Video Archivist you would play a key role in identifying and filling any necessary gaps as well as in maintaining and enhancing a digital archive which comprises material of events, exhibitions and art works. We are looking for a team player with an interest in contemporary art who pays great attention to details and has in-depth knowledge of image and video editing programs as well as an understanding of copyrights.
Founded in 2002 by Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza in Vienna, Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary represents the fourth generation of the Thyssen family’s commitment to the arts. TBA21’s unique collection is the result of its ongoing commitment to commissioning and disseminating multidisciplinary art projects that defy traditional categorization, including large-scale installations, sound compositions, endurance performances, and contemporary architecture. Since the foundation believes that art has the capacity to be a transformational force, it explores new modes of presentation that are intended to provoke and inspire change.
- Actively maintaining the photo & video collection by
o identifying gaps with regard to digital material and metadata
o filing & tagging existing and new material
- Evaluating and structuring photo and video material of past events and exhibitions
- Dealing with photo and video enquiries
o understanding and noting copyrights
o being aware of data protection issues
- Maintaining high standards of digital archiving
- Facilitating access to digital records and files foundation wide and for collaborating researchers
- Collaborating and corresponding with galleries, museums, research institutions, artist studios, photographers
- Willingness to assist with digital editing across departments
- Providing regular and clear progress reports
· Strong digital literacy
· Interest in digital archives and commitment to build upon and enhance existing archives
· Knowledge of relevant standards and digital formats
· Experience of working with photographic and video collections
· Experience with digital asset management, editing and organization (Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro X)
· Strong interest in contemporary art and terminology
· Fluency in German and English, strong communication skills (written and oral)
· Great attention to details, ability to organize work effectively and prioritize tasks
· Team player as well as self-motivated
· Join our dynamic and motivated team in an international art environment
· Annual gross salary starts with € 25.200,- for a 40h/week, additional payment is dependent on your qualifications and experience
· Work-Life balance due to variable working hours
We highly recommend that you provide a resume and cover letter detailing your experience conducting archival work.
Please send your application to Ursula Burgstaller-Skalla, email@example.com
(+43 676 94 77 383), Köstlergasse 1, 1060 Wien.