Job Title Temporary Senior Records Management Assistant
Organization Name OSCE Secretariat
Closing Date of application 21-06-2016
No. of Posts 1
Background Please note that this is a temporary position until 31 December 2016 with possibility of an extension.
The Records Management Unit (RMU) currently comprises four staff members who are responsible for registering official correspondence, overseeing the systematic transfer and destruction of records, handling reference requests, and developing record-keeping tools and resources. RMU also provides advisory services on record-keeping to all OSCE executive structures and actively promotes best practices in records management.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Records Management, the Temporary Senior Records Management Assistant will perform a variety of duties including project-related work as well as administrative tasks. The Temporary Senior Records Management Assistant’s tasks include:
- Identifying and documenting requirements for records-related projects;
- Communicating requirements to ICT team;
- Developing and documenting procedures, user guides, and other reference material;
- Defining criteria for user acceptance testing, providing feedback and identifying issues;
- Developing and delivering training to users;
- Appraising backlog files and integrating them into the Secretariat’s records holdings;
- Conducting records-related exit procedures for staff members leaving the organization;
- Assisting with notes verbales administration;
- Researching a range of information management topics and providing recommendations;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education;
- A minimum of six years of experience in information management, specifically records management, archival science or library science;
- Strong knowledge in records management standards and best practices;
- Experience working on implementation projects relating to records management systems would be an asset;
- Professional fluency in English; knowledge of other OSCE languages would be an asset;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications;
- Experience of working in a multilateral/multicultural environment;
- Analytical; detail-oriented; client-oriented;
- Ability to work under time pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Monthly remuneration is EUR 4,245 (12 times a year). OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Austria. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme.
Appointment will be made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found underhttp://www.osce.org/employment.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please seehttp://www.osce.org/states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.